You can host websites on subdomains using your hosting account by adding the subdomain to your hosting account. An example of a subdomain is subdomain.coolexample.com.
There are a few things to know about using a subdomain on your hosting account:
- To add a subdomain it has to be a subdomain of another domain name on your account.
- Subdomain’s websites are stored in a different directory than the domain name it belongs to.
Add a subdomain
- In cPanel, in the Domains section, click Subdomains.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Create:
Field What to do… Subdomain Enter just the subdomain you want to use; do not enter the domain name itself. Domain Select the domain name you want to use. Document root This field automatically populates with a recommended directory, but you can enter a different directory if you want.
- If your domain name is not in the same HMA Host account as your hosting, you need to find your account’s IP address and then add a subdomain to your domain name that points to it.
- Upload the subdomain website files to the Document root you selected